Heavy Equipment Operator
General Purpose: Operates various types of heavy construction equipment such as scrapers, dozers, motor graders, water wagons, trackhoes, end dumps, etc to excavate, move or grade earth at various job sites in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures. The operator will be required to turn valves, push/pull control levers and depress foot pedals to drive the machine and control attachments such as blades, buckets and scrapers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, it is only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbant(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional site specific duties.
- Operate heavy construction equipment and general labor work within scope of authority and training under varying conditions to excavate, move or grade earth.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed; reports safety hazards, equipment problems and emergency situations; recognizes, avoids, and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries.
- Comply with MSHA policies and procedures while working on location
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, inspectors, and clients at the job site.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Desired
- Licensing and Certifications: Active / Valid Driver’s License or Occupational License
- Experience: Two years of experience desired operating equipment appropriate to position under field conditions, or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Work Environment: Outdoors – may work in inclement weather; hours vary – day and night shift
- Exposure to Weather: Constant exposure to outside atmospheric conditions (i.e. heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Vibration: Exposure to the equipment’s vibration or motion
Note: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Russell and Sons is a company local to the East Texas area with a long standing partnership with the construction / mining industry in Texas and Louisiana. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential. This connection allows us to promote with in our existing pool of employee when possible.
It is the company’s expectation that all new employees with be active and vocal in Russell and Sons HPI process. Our goal is to have 100% team work within our crew and to be available to help each employee meet their goals and our expectation.
Will be required to operate one or more types of construction equipment such as but not limited to bulldozer, trackhoe, grader, scraper, dump truck (bobtail, end dump), front-end loader, backhoe to move earth.
We offer an excellent benefits package and are focused on a positive team environment.